CheckPoint is a wireless temperature monitoring system that is easy to install, requires no additional wiring and can integrate into existing Wi-Fi network infrastructure. Our advanced temperature monitoring software enables organizations to remotely monitor refrigerators, freezers and other vital appliances throughout the facility in real-time, automates internal monitoring processes, records historical data and corrective actions associated with all alerts. Users can easily configure the temperature monitoring software to provide automated reports and alarms. Advanced communication functionality allows key personnel to view alerts on screen or receive alarm notifications through email or text messaging.
Wireless Temperature Monitoring
The CheckPoint wireless temperature monitoring and sensing system has been designed with the latest radio chips on the market, making it the most advanced and versatile wireless temperature monitoring system available. CheckPoint takes advantage of the latest developments in wireless technology, offering 900 MHz ISM RF range most suitable for this type of monitoring application and can communicate over a facility’s Wi-Fi or DAS. Our wireless temperature sensors fully comply with FCC part 15 for non-interference, meaning that it will not interfere with other wireless devices used for medical applications. Our temperature monitoring system is specifically designed to meet strict regulatory compliance for hospitals, laboratories, blood banks, pharmacies and other environments.
- -20°C Freezers
- -80°C Ultra Low Temperature freezers
- Liquid Nitrogen freezers
- Refrigerators temperature & door open/close status
- Heat blocks
- Water baths
- Room Temperature and Humidity tracking
- Monitoring of air or glycol solution temperature
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Monitoring
- Oven Monitoring
- Differential Air pressure for negative\positive pressure rooms
- All sensors can also monitor door open/close status or dry contacts on existing equipment
- Two alert levels: Standard alert if the temperature exceeds min or max limits over a prescribed time period, and an immediate emergency alert if the temperature breaches an unacceptably high or low limit
- Notification by local audio/visual lights, emails, text messages or phone messages
- 24/7 alert notifications sent to different recipients based on the day of week and time of day
- Graphic and Numeric Temperature Reporting
- Alert Frequency Reporting
- Daily Current Reading Review Report
- Daily New Alert Report
- Complete Corrective Action History Reporting
- Simulate specific temperature for alarm checking
- Accurately measure time to alert
- Electronically archive alarm check records
All reporting needs are satisfied by graphic and numeric table temperature monitoring. The CheckPoint wireless temperature monitoring system has a multitude of reporting options available to meet the needs of each user in every department. The 24/7 real-time monitoring of the CheckPoint monitoring system provides peace of mind to facilities to ensure equipment is receiving reliable coverage. Should temperatures fall out of range the monitoring system will trigger alerts to be sent to user-defined recipients notifying them corrective action needs to be taken. The CheckPoint monitoring system also can assist in determining when equipment is aged and needs to be replaced. With the range of reporting tools the CheckPoint monitoring system provides users can follow trends in equipment. If a piece of equipment is consistently out of range it may be a sign the equipment needs replacing.
Temperature Monitoring Software Features
The CheckPoint temperature monitoring system is highly scalable and has the ability to adeptly handle the needs of both small, single facilities up to complex, multi-location medical centers. It can function as a standalone system, monitoring with just a few sensors in a limited area, while offering the flexibility to expand at any time into a fully networked environment that can simultaneously monitor hundreds of refrigerators and other appliances. With CheckPoint, an unlimited number of sensors can be deployed throughout an entire medical facility, including remote satellite buildings, for the pharmacy, laboratory, blood bank, nutrition and other departments.
The CheckPoint Temperature Monitoring Software was designed with a simple and intuitive interface that makes monitoring of temperature and other vital data easy with very little user training.
- Color-coded, easy to understand home page
- See the current status of all equipment in one glance
- One click opens chart and/or numeric table
- Zoom into the chart, change time period or reference date
Use our built-in scheduling functionality to automate internal processes. Easily set up the system to schedule reminders, automatically back up data or suppress alerts.
- Task Reminders: Automated user defined alerts for probe recalibration, PM, etc.
- Back up: Automated data back up
- Suppress Alerts: On-demand suppression to prevent nuisance alerts
CheckPoint wireless temperature monitoring system offers a flexible and fail-safe alerting mechanism that ensures timely, complete and fully documented corrective action. Functionality includes two levels of alerts: a primary min/max with time threshold and an immediate emergency alert if the temperature breaches an absolutely unacceptable level.
- Red Flashing Alert: Each on screen or emailed alert clearly describes cause of each alert
- Snooze Alert: While corrective action is being taken, put the alert on snooze. Alert will recur if corrective action is not completed within a specified time
- Corrective Action: Automated process ensures that documentation is complete before an alert can be cleared
- Notification: Alerts are sent by email, text message, phone call, pager, or audio/visual local alert lamp
- Escalation: Alerting for each equipment can be individually configured to escalate and loop based on time of day and day of the week to ensure that an alert is never missed
Our temperature monitor software has a detailed reporting module specifically designed to automate equipment monitoring for healthcare organizations that are required to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Corrective Action History: Quickly retrieve details of all corrective action
- User Login History: Automated documentation of user logins
- Setting Change History: Complete record of changes to equipment settings
- Average Temperature: Report of averaged readings over 2 to 24 hours
- Alert Frequency: Compares the number of alerts by equipment
- Alert Response: Reports how quickly corrective action is taken after each alert
- Equipment Groups: Shows assignment of equipment based on user groups
- Daily Review Report: On-demand report of the current readings, digitally signed and filed
The CheckPoint Temperature Monitoring Software is designed with 3 levels of security settings to ensure that only authorized personnel has access to the system and the privileges to the system configured to the exact needs of each individual user.
- Password: Password management, such as password expiry, lockout, forced password reset, etc., complies with FDA CFR 21 Part 11
- Equipment Settings: Alert, notification method, scheduling, grouping and other settings of each equipment can be customized individually or as a group
- Grouping: All users and all equipment can be associated into groups so that only pertinent equipment can be viewed based on the user’s login
Alert notification methods can be customized by time of day and day of week. Alert notifications are highly customizable by the facility. Alerts can trigger a local flashing alarm lamp, computer notifications, emails and/or text messages. Notification groups can be created to send notifications to different recipients based on the day of the week and the time of day. A key feature of the system is the alert escalation. If timely action is not taken the alert will continue to escalate and notification will be sent to multiple recipients until the alert is cleared. The CheckPoint wireless monitoring system will also log corrective actions taken to clear the alert to ensure compliance and auditing requirements are met.